So this is a very quick run down of what you need to do
to write the best CV and covering letter
to help you get the job interview you need.
1. What is the primary role of that job?
If the manager said
“I really want to you to be at this high level of standard”
what would that be? Then you need to use that in your headline.
2. What else does the manager want from their employee?
Put that as a secondary headline and use words to show
how you understand their need
and how you will make their life easier.
3. Use a photo of yourself because people connect to faces.
Smile! Have some fun in that photo but keep it professional.
4. Do not include rubbish like a personal profile,
and even keep your work history and education to the very minimum.
Just put the most import and relevant aspect.
5. No need to write about your duties in the work history element
because you have already shown understanding in the headlines you have used.
6. In your opening paragraph talk to the reader,
show a further understanding of the job,
perhaps provide an example of something you have done
to demonstrate that understanding.
7. Don’t be afraid to be different, it will set you apart from the others
8. Ask the person to contact you, this is CRUCIAL!!!
9. Make it totally clear you will not be on the job market for long
and must contact you now to book you in for an interview
10. After your signature include a PS statement,
give them one last and very important reason to phone you.
But please do watch the video, these points I have made are crucial but when you see the video you can see everything come together.